Royal Lahaina Luau - Myths of Maui
The Royal Lahaina Luau at the Royal Lahaina Resort is picturesque Kaanapali, and there is no better way to spend an evening in Maui. Enjoy great food, an open bar, and fabulous entertainment. You are invited to share in this wonderful Luau event that is a celebration of the Hawaiian people. You will enjoy an authentic Hawaiian style evening with a shell lei greeting as you’re escorted to your table during your evening at the Royal Lahaina Luau. You have an opportunity to have a photographer take a picture including the amazing backdrop of the Kaanapali beach including the Maui sunset. This is a treasured keepsake to this spectacular event. You will also indulge in an open bar!
The Imu ceremony is where the Kalua Pig is removed from its earthen oven which is the main course of the evening. Your host will invite you on stage for a hula lesson as the Kalua pig is being prepared. It’s a great opportunity to participate in the authentic Hawaiian activity. A full open bar is included.
You will feast on a meal fit for royalty during your dinner as you enjoy the sunset behind Lanai. You will feast on a buffet that will include Kalua Pig, Kalua Turkey, Poi, Fish, Island chicken, and other island favorites.
The entertainment will begin as you finish your Maui luau feast. There will be different style of hula dancing from all over Polynesia – Tahiti, New Zealand, Samoa, and Hawaii. You will enjoy live music that is complimentary to the artistry of the dancers. The costumes of the dancers are beautiful and intricate and inspired by the islands and unique history of this magical island. Your host will narrate a story the dance tells.
The Samoan Fire Dance is the most anticipated event of the evening. You will not be disappointed. You will see a fire spectacular finale that you may not have seen at any other luau with Samoan Fire Knife dancers. This Maui Luau features multiple fire knife dancers instead of just one like most Maui Luaus. You will even see flaming poi balls. You do not want to miss this Royal Lahaina Luau. Go to Hawaiian Luau.org to make your reservations and receive your discounts.
General Luau: Aloha shell lei greeting, dinner, open bar & luau show.
VIP Upgrade: Reserved seating area, flower lei for ladies and kukui nut lei for gentlemen, first set of tables to begin dinner service, premium open bar selection.
- Maui's longest running Hawaiian luau, conveniently located on Kaanapali Beach
- Shell lei greeting and cultural presentations (including the traditional imu ceremony – unearthing of the kalua roast pig)
- Delicious all-you-care-to-eat luau buffet dinner and fabulous live entertainment with grand fire-knife dance finale
- Special children’s menu available
- Includes an open bar (Mai Tai and other tropical cocktails, beer, wine and a variety of non-alcoholic beverages)
- Awe inspiring full cast fire finale
Luau Dinner Menu:
- Teriyaki Luau Chicken
- Kalua Pork
- Asian Steamed Swai
- Chicken Nuggets
- Mixed Green Salad
- Papaya Seed Dressing
- Ranch Dressing
- Macaroni Salad
- Pineapple Wedges
- Furikake Jasmine Rice
- Haupia Coconut Pudding
- White Cake with Coconut Shavings
- Luau Chocolate Cake
- Island inspired cocktails, water, soft drinks and more
A tofu entrée, vegan or veggie pasta (gluten free) is available upon request.Please note:
Menu is subject to change without notice.
Royal Lahaina Luau
- Where and When:
- VIP: Check-in at 5:00 pm for VIP ticket holders, as ticket provides early access. Gates open at 5:15 pm.
GENERAL: Check-in at 5:15 pm. Entry will begin at 5:45 pm.
Dinner service 6:00 pm - 7:15 pm.
Luau pre-show begins at 6:15 pm and the luau performance will take place from 7:15 pm - 8:15 pm.
Oceanfront Luau Gardens at Royal Lahaina Resort.
- By entering an event or program of the Myths of Maui Luau, you are entering an area where photography, audio and video recording may occur. Your entry and presence on the event premises constitutes your consent to be photographed, filmed, and/or otherwise recorded and to the release, publication, exhibition, or reproduction of any and all recorded media of your appearance, voice, and name for any purpose whatsoever in perpetuity in connection with the Myths of Maui Luau and its initiatives, including, by way of example only, use on websites, in social media, news and advertising.
By entering the event premises, you waive and release any claims you may have related to the use of recorded media of you at the event, including, without limitation, any right to inspect or approve the photo, video or audio recording of you, any claims for invasion of privacy, violation of the right of publicity, defamation, and copyright infringement or for any fees for use of such record media.
You understand that all photography, filming and/or recording will be done in reliance on this consent. If you do not agree to the foregoing, please do not enter the event premises.
- There are no specific restrictions for this activity.
- Special Notes:
- There is a $10.00 fee per car for parking paid at the gate.
Infant pricing (children 5 and under) are provided their own seat and plate for standard seating. Lap children and/or free children is not valid for VIP tickets. If the adults attending have VIP tickets, the child will also need a VIP ticket.
- Operation Days:
- 3 hours
- Royal Lahaina Luau
- Approximately 500
- Just bring your smile and get ready to have a good time on one of the best Hawaii Activities offered by Hawaii Discount.
Seating is very limited - If you can not purchase one package, try another package or another date or call for availability
Safe, secure on-line booking system
with validated privacy protection.
Our staff will help you select the best tours and activities and ensure 100% satisfaction.
Advance Booking Satisfaction
Avoid sell outs and price increases. Relax knowing
your activities are reserved and guaranteed.