Royal Lahaina Luau - Myths of Maui
The Royal Lahaina Luau at the Royal Lahaina Resort is picturesque Kaanapali, and there is no better way to spend an evening in Maui. Enjoy great food, an open bar, and fabulous entertainment. You are invited to share in this wonderful Luau event that is a celebration of the Hawaiian people. You will enjoy an authentic Hawaiian style evening with a shell lei greeting as you’re escorted to your table during your evening at the Royal Lahaina Luau. You have an opportunity to have a photographer take a picture including the amazing backdrop of the Kaanapali beach including the Maui sunset. This is a treasured keepsake to this spectacular event. You will also indulge in an open bar!
The Imu ceremony is where the Kalua Pig is removed from its earthen oven which is the main course of the evening. Your host will invite you on stage for a hula lesson as the Kalua pig is being prepared. It’s a great opportunity to participate in the authentic Hawaiian activity. A full open bar is included.
You will feast on a meal fit for royalty during your dinner as you enjoy the sunset behind Lanai. You will feast on a buffet that will include Kalua Pig, Kalua Turkey, Poi, Fish, Island chicken, and other island favorites.
The entertainment will begin as you finish your Maui luau feast. There will be different style of hula dancing from all over Polynesia – Tahiti, New Zealand, Samoa, and Hawaii. You will enjoy live music that is complimentary to the artistry of the dancers. The costumes of the dancers are beautiful and intricate and inspired by the islands and unique history of this magical island. Your host will narrate a story the dance tells.
The Samoan Fire Dance is the most anticipated event of the evening. You will not be disappointed. You will see a fire spectacular finale that you may not have seen at any other luau with Samoan Fire Knife dancers. This Maui Luau features multiple fire knife dancers instead of just one like most Maui Luaus. You will even see flaming poi balls. You do not want to miss this Royal Lahaina Luau. Go to Hawaiian Luau.org to make your reservations and receive your discounts.
General Luau: Aloha shell lei greeting, dinner, open bar, & luau show.
VIP Upgrade: Bypass
the entry line and proceed directly to the luau entrance, 15 minute
earlier entry to the luau, front section seating, flower lei for paid
ladies and kukui nut lei for paid gentlemen, first set of tables to
begin dinner service.
Show Only: See the show without the dinner portion! The
Show only package includes an aloha shell lei greeting, open seating (no
VIP Upgrade available), and open bar!
- Maui's longest running Hawaiian luau, conveniently located on Kaanapali Beach
- Shell lei greeting and cultural presentations (including the traditional imu ceremony – unearthing of the kalua roast pig)
- Delicious all-you-care-to-eat luau buffet dinner and fabulous live entertainment with grand fire-knife dance finale
- Special children’s menu available
- Includes an open bar (Mai Tai and other tropical cocktails, beer, wine and a variety of non-alcoholic beverages)
Vegetarian (V), Gluten Free (GF)
- Green Salad (V/GF)
- Dressing Choices: 1000 Island (V) or Papaya Seed Dressing (V/GF)
- Banana Mandarin Macadamia Nut Salad (V/GF): Fruit Salad
including Banana, Mandarin Oranges, Coconut Flakes, Macadamia Nuts mixed
together with Mayonnaise
- Macaroni Salad (V): Combination of Elbow Macaroni Nodles, Mayonnaise, Shredded Carrots, Parsley, Salt and Pepper
- Asian Shrimp Salad: Fresh Watercress, Bean Sprouts,
Cucumber, Celery, Carrots, Tomato, Bell Pepper, Onions and Shrimp with
- Cucumber Namasu (V/GF): Tangy Asian Mixture of Cucumber, Carrots, Onions and Rice Vinegar
- Lomi Lomi Salmon (GF): Hawaiian Recipe of Salted Salmon, Onions and Tomatoes
- Poi (V/GF): Hawaiian Delicacy, Pounded Taro Root with Water
- Pan Fried Noodles (V): Chow Mein Noodles Pan Fried with Onions, Carrots, Celery, Garlic, Chives and Soy Sauce
- Fried Rice (V/GF): Rice, Pan Fried with Peas, Carrots, Garlic, Onions and Soy Sauce
- Huli Chicken on Veggie Long Rice Noodles (GF): Recipe of Chicken,
Veggies and Long Rice Noodles Marinated in an Asian Influenced Sauce and
- Sesame Honey Island Fish w/ Spinach and Mango Coconut Sauce (GF):
Sesame & Honey Basted Fish Broiled on Spinach, Topped with a Mango
Coconut Cream Sauce
- Kalua Pork (GF): Roasted Pork Cooked in the Imu, Underground Oven
- Teriyaki Beef (GF)
- Whole Kernel Corn (V/GF)
- Hawaiian Sweet Rolls (V)
- Molokai Sweet Potato (V/GF): Purple Sweet Potato Variety that is Steamed and Served with Coconut Syrup and Flakes
Keiki (Children) Menu:
- Chicken Nuggets
- Macaroni & Cheese
- Hot Dogs
- Potato Chips
- Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Frosting (V)
- White Cake with White Frosting and Coconut Shavings (V)
- Guava Cream Tarts (V): Filling Guava Jam and Vanilla Pudding on a Tart Crust
- Haupia (V/GF): Hawaiian Dessert of Gelatin Coconut Pudding
Special Needs Menu
Vegetarian, Dairy-free, Gluten-free, Peanut-free
Royal Lahaina Luau
- Where and When:
- Check in begins at 5:30pm for all sections.
Seating for VIP opens at 6:00pm.
Seating for Standard Opens at 6:30 pm.
Show Only Check in at 7:15-7:30 pm.
Starting October 1, 2020 to March 1, 2021 Times will be as follows:
Seating for VIP opens at 5:00 pm.
Seating for VIP opens at 5:30 pm.
Seating for Standard Opens at 6:00 pm.
Show Only Check in at 7:00-7:15 pm.
Check in Location:
Oceanfront Luau Gardens at Royal Lahaina Resort.
- There are no requirements on the Royal Lahaina Resort Luau
- There are no specific restrictions for this activity.
- Special Notes:
- There is a $5.00 fee per car for parking paid at the gate.
Infant pricing (children 5 and under) are provided their own seat and plate for standard seating. Lap children and/or free children is not valid for VIP tickets. If the adults attending have VIP tickets, the child will also need a VIP ticket.
- Operation Days:
- 3 hours
- Royal Lahaina Luau
- Approximately 500
- Just bring your smile and get ready to have a good time on one of the best Hawaii Activities offered by Hawaii Discount.
June 1 - Aug 15 Show Only option not available.
If you need to be seated with another reservation please make sure to note the name of the other reservation as well.
Safe, secure on-line booking system
with validated privacy protection.
Our staff will help you select the best tours and activities and ensure 100% satisfaction.
Advance Booking Satisfaction
Avoid sell outs and price increases. Relax knowing
your activities are reserved and guaranteed.