Aha'aina Luau (Royal Hawaiian Luau)
The beautiful settings, decadent feasts, and the history of Waikiki includes tales of island royalty. The Royal Hawaiian pays homage to Helumoa, the legendary playground of Hawaiian royalty. These are the grounds where the Royal Hawaiian resort now stands, with a modern interpretation of the traditional Hawaiian feast called Aha Aina, a Royal Celebration. Many Oahu Luaus and Hawaiian Luaus are offered at a discounted rate through HawaiianLuaus. On this Royal Hawaiian Luau you will enjoy an oceanfront dinner and show. It is a culinary and sensory celebration, commemorating Hawaii activities and Hawaiian culture and while experiencing the island in grand Royal Hawaiian style.
The natives celebrated ‘aha ‘aina’ before luaus which was a feast of food, song and hula. People gathered in ancient time in Hawaii to celebrate important occasions. They called the gatherings aha ‘aina. There is a modern, yet timeless aha ‘aina that has been created in a modern way to honor the land’s majestic history. The Royal Hawaiian on sacred grounds celebrates through song, food, stories, hula, and culture.
The Royal Hawaiian’s Ocean Lawn holds a celebration every Monday night for the Royal Hawaiian – Aha Aina a Royal Celebration. The backdrop of Waikiki Beach and Diamond Head is a breathtaking. Three spectacular acts are composed in the ‘aha’aina. When entering the grounds, the evening will capture the spirit of traditional Hawaii. Definitely take the time to book Hawaii activities like poi-pounding, kapa-making (cloth made of pounded bark), and na lawai’a (tending of fishing tools). Your night is not over as you will hear the sound of the conch which will call all guest to join the mouth-watering feast. You will learn through a storyteller about the significance of lei giving, the ocean, and taro while guests dine on delicious hors de oeuvres. After dinner, the Helumoa story unfolds. It is a dramatic performance, with hula and song that commemorates ancient islanders’ rich history and culture through a timeline of the historic Royal Hawaiian to the contemporary style of Hawaiian music and dance.
- Perfect beachfront location on Waikiki Beach
- Takes place at the historic Royal Hawaiian Hotel
- Learn about old Hawaii and Hawaiian customs and culture
- Take part in Hawaiian activities
- Delicious all-you-can-eat luau buffet
Full Luau (Premium or Standing Seating) includes 1 welcome drink and 2 drinks during the luau.
Premium - Seating is 1st row of oceanfront tables, closest to the stage.Cocktail Seating
- Includes the show and 2 beverages. Seating at 7 pm.
Aha'aina Luau Menu
Poi and Poke Station:
- Poi with Fresh Salted Salmon, Ho Farm Tomatoes and Maui Onion Ahi, Shrimp, Tako, Hamakua Tomato and Mushroom Poke on Ice Bar
Island Fruit Station:
- Sliced Pineapple, Watermelon, Cantaloupe, Honeydew, Kula Strawberries, Mojito Style Mango
Island Salads Station:
- Island Coleslaw, JA Farms Caesar Salad with Portuguese Bread Croutons, White Anchovies and Pipikaula, Ho Farms Tomato and Cucumber Salad, JA Farms Baby Greens with Edamame, Ho Farms Tomatoes and Watermelon Radish
Hui Hui Grill Action Station:
- Local Island Chicken, Garlic Fried Rice, Wok Fried Choi Sum with Crispy Shallots, Roasted Vegetable Curry
Kiawe Wood BBQ Station:
- Korean BBQ Kalbi Ribs, Chinese Steamed Mongchong with Ginger and Scallion
- Real Above-Ground Kalua Pig Live Carving Station
- Royal Hawaiian Bread Pudding, Pink Haupia Cake, Halo-Halo Flan Waialua Estate Chocholate-Coffee Tiramisu
Royal Hawaiian Luau
Hawaiian Cultural Demonstrations
All-You-Can-Eat Luau Buffet
- Where and When:
- Check-in begins at 5:00 pm (Cocktail Seating checks in/begins seating at 7:00 pm) at the Royal Hawaiian, 2259 Kalakaua Avenue, Honolulu, HI 96815 View Map
- There is a 72 hour cancellation policy for this activity. Within 72 hours of your luau date there is no cancellations or refunds.
- Special Notes:
- A child (0-4 yrs) is free when they sit in the lap of an adult. These children do not include their own plate but are welcome to pick off the adult's plate.
You should select the pricing "Per Child in Own Seat, with Plate (0-4 yrs)" if you would like the child (0-4 yrs) to have their own seat (including siting in a highchair) and plate. Please note if the child with a seat will need a highchair, the luau will do their best to provide one but they may be limited.
- Operation Days:
- Monday, Thursday & Saturday
- 2.5 hours
- Royal Hawaiian
||Open Mondays, Thursdays, and Saturdays
Safe, secure on-line booking system
with validated privacy protection.
Our staff will help you select the best tours and activities and ensure 100% satisfaction.
Advance Booking Satisfaction
Avoid sell outs and price increases. Relax knowing
your activities are reserved and guaranteed.